The above department was initially together with Catering department of the hospital, on the change to a new location in 2012 to Jabi as a federal medical centre, Nutritionist-Dietitian Dr Ugwu Cosmas Chukwudi made a proposal to separate, the department for catering for efficiency and productivity of clinical services it is made for.
Thus, the formal CMD Dr I.C Igwilo, for her love for positive chance made it possible and established the department nutrition and dietetics, with only one dietitian and one nutritionist in 2012.
STAFF STRENGTH: The department is present with only five staff (Dietitians)
- Ugwu Cosmas C. (Ph.D, M.SC, PGDE, Ed Psy, RD. B.Sc)
- Onwughalu Obuteaku I. (B.Sc, RD)
- Nwauzor Tobias (B.Sc, RD)
- Onyechere Chinonye (B.Sc, RD)
- Ekwueme Adaora D. (B.Sc, RD)
- Modification of diet for all patients and clients
- Counselling of patients and clients
- Health promotion to patients and clients in clinics
- Formulation of feeds to patients and clients
- Production of diet guides to patients
- Training of IT, final years’ students of Nutrition and Dietetics from Nigeria universities.