The department of Anatomic pathology was created in 2013 with the task of providing pathological and mortuary services.
The department has two major units:
- The laboratory unit
- The mortuary unit
The department has a total of 19 staff
- One full-time pathologist, Dr I.B Achusi MBBS, FMCPath who is also the head of the department.
- Two medical officers
- One admin officer
- Five laboratory scientists
- Three scientific officers
- Five morticians
- Two attendants
- LABORATORY AND MORTUARY SERVICES
- The laboratory unit offers
Cytology (Pap smear)
Fine needle aspirate cytology (FNAC)
- The mortuary unit offers
Mortuary services and embalmment
- Resident doctors and medical interns
- Clinic-pathologic conferences (CPC) with other clinical departments of the hospital
In conjunction with other departments and other health institutions.