The dental department was established in June 2012 with three clinical staff members, offering b basic Dental services.
However, over the years it has grown to become a major department in the hospital, offering major dental services, including specialist consultations and treatments.
Presently, the department is run on a public-private partnership basis.
Hospital Employed Doctors:
- One consultant family dentist
- One visiting a maxillofacial surgeon
- One visiting orthodontist
- Two senior dental officers
- One dental officer
- One locum dental officer
- One NYSC dental officer
The private partner employed doctors:
- One dentist (Full time)
- One dentist (Part-time)
Hospital employed dental therapists:
- Two principal dental therapists
Hospital employed dental nurses/technicians/assistants
- One senior dental technician
- Two dental technicians
- One locum dental technician
- One executive officer
SERVICES PROVIDED IN THE DENTAL DEPARTMENT
The following services are currently provided in the Dental department
- Minor dental surgeries, e.g simple and surgical extractions
- Maxillofacial surgeries, both simple and complex surgeries, including surgery for Facial tumours and fractures
- Dental restorations such as tooth filling
- Scaling and polishing, and Minor periodontal procedures
- Root canal treatments and endodontic surgeries
- Orthodontic procedures such as fixing of braces, and child dental health
- Prosthodontics- both fixed and removable, such as crowns, bridges, and removable dentures.
- Oral health education and counseling,
- Diagnosis of oral and maxillofacial diseases.